Saturday, August 28, 2004

This is a sad story about a girl named Wati.

She's only 15 years old. Living in a small village called Pandanaran in a small town called Kalibening, Banjarnegara, Central Java, Indonesia.
She travelled to Jakarta and lived with my family to help us do some houseworks as a maid with another maid named Sarni. She really enjoyed working and she's really a personality with her helping hand and most of her works she done it neatly..

One day, my mom ask her whether she wants to continue studying at school. Shyly she replied,"I'd love to..!" and since then she asked lot more question and ask me for advices.
I told her that it would be great if she still has an eagerness to learn new things, makes new friends and widen her knowledge about anything that she can learn at school. She can be anything she wants like a store keeper or waitress or even a female army/police. She smiles widely and I feel much more confident of her choice and I can see in her eyes that she really mean it.

Searching for a school to accept her is not as easy as it seems (because she already 2 years behind), and when finally my dad find it, he himself registered her and take some forms to be filled up later on.

And this is the part where this story actually begin.
She left her Elementary School Certificate back home, so she has to go back to her village to get it and get back soon before school starts.

There she goes, with a smiles in her eyes and a brighter future in her hand, she went back to her small village only to take her Elementary School Certificate.
Sadly, her parents prohibited her to go back to school and to my house. She was forced only to work and her parents doesn't want to understand that she just beginning to pursue her dreams, to make their life more descent, to make them proud of herself!
She also forced to (this is what I really pissed off about) get married with someone she doesn't know!! For God sake!! she's only fifteen!!

Then, she cries... maybe it because she feel failed going to her new school, fail to makes new friends, fail to make herself smarter, fail to become 'someone', and she also lost her future or she cries it just because she doen't have anything to wear since she left all of her cloth...

and I started to cry..
deep inside my heart and I begin to questioning myself....
Are all parents really knowing what's the best for their childrens?
and before I realise and finding the answer.. I'd lost her..

No comments:

Post a Comment