Monday, September 13, 2004

Soulmate

I've spent my long fascinating weekend by watching 18 episodes of Sex and the City, 4th season.. 7 hours! starting from 9.30 am and finished at 4.30 pm. No shower, 2 full meals, a bottle of water and include scratching my totty's back.. it was one of my incredible weekend ever..

One of Sex and the City episodes tells about two remarkable yet confusionable words.. "soul mate"
Are there really soul mate for everyone of us?
What if there are more than one soul mate?
Is everyone have to had one soul mate for the rest of the entire life?

One time I chatted with my sister, how she believed in soul mate, she said to me it came directly cross over your head, when you finally meet your soul mate.. just snap your finger and there you are.. soul mate for you... woowww... do you really believe that?
do we have to maintain someone to become your soul mate?

and I start to wonder, questioning myself..
what is soul mate really about?
is soul mate has to become lover?
did I ever met my soul mate?

I remember Pablo Neruda's poem about soul mate.. the title is and now you're mine
And now you're mine.
Rest with your dream in my dream.
Love and pain and work should all sleep now.
The night turns on its invisible wheels,
and you are pure beside me as a sleeping amber.
No one else,
Love, will sleep in my dreams.
You will go, we will go together, over the waters of time.

Il Postino

well, I guess one soul mate is never enough..
maybe it's true that we need more than one soul mate....

No comments:

Post a Comment